I have had no speedo for some time now, Hannah got me a cable for Christmas which I fitted some weeks or more ago. It didn’t work. I imagined that the cable was not into the gearbox properly. So today I took it out of at the gearbox end, only to find that it seemed to be right. So check I pulled it out of the speedo end so that I could see the cable end and drove a little, sure enough the cable was turning. So after some trying to get the speedo end to mate properly with the speedo a small piece of the old cable fell out of the speedo…

It works perfectly now, well, as perfectly as a 66% speed speedo can. The next job for the speedo is to work out how to capture the speed and increase it by 1.4x..



Comments are closed