Driving home from the event last weekend I had water running down the inside of the windscreen. I deduced that it was coming in around the glass, and from this deduction I realised that the Dumdum sealer that I had used to fit the glass some ten years ago was starting to fail. Not wanting to remove the whole windscreen I dug out the crusty sealer from the outside edge of the windscreen. I found that I still had a tin of ten year old Dumdum in the shed that was in perfect condition inside the tin, so I now have (hopefully) a leak free windscreen.

The passenger side still looking rough
The drivers side re-sealed.



Comments are closed