Hi all, Hannah and I have not been up to very much of recent. So starting off back when we were in Mississauga, we went to the Buddhist temple on Thursday lunch time, the temple its self was very beautiful, inside mainly the outside wasn’t too different to any other building.


That is the building, inside though it was amazing, we only went into the Tea House though, for lunch. We went with Yves Blias, who is a new senior electrical engineer who will be working out of the Calgary office. He traveled back there today. He was just down in Mississauga so that he could meet us lot.


That is the website for the temple’s Tea House.

The rest of our week was quite uneventful, we drove back later on that day and got back into Sudbury at about 9pm. Friday Hannah started her job..

The weekend we chilled, I went to wild life place, but I’d missed Brian and Ivan, so I helped in the center, i changed the water in a turtles tank, siphoned it out, cleaned it and filled it up again. Then headed back home again.

I have acquired a desktop pc, an old one, only a Pentium 4, Dell. So its a 2.8GHz with a 1GB of ram and I think it has a 10MHz front side bus, which isn’t that great. I think that this spec of Dell came out in late 2003, it does however have an LCD/TFT screen. I cleaned the keyboard out last weekend, what spurred me on this was the fact that I ran Puppy Linux on it, which allowed me into the hard drive, where I was able to see all of the profiles of all of the many people who had used it. A short time later I notice how much dirt was in the keyboard.. So I removed all of the keys, took the top part of it off, the part between the keys and base, and washed it in hot soapy water, then cleaned each and every single key in turn and replaced them in pretty much the same place that they came from, I haven’t yet noticed anything wrong with it.

Anyways, I have formatted the hard drive now, 2 3rds of it are not an NTFS partition and the rest is going to be a Linux partition, well it has been already twice in fact. First off I installed Kubuntu, which is a derivation of Ubuntu, this was less than satisfactory, so I ditched that and installed Open Suse, which was much better, but still didn’t inspire me. I’ll continue this story in a moment.

Neven (A guy who stayed with Hannah and I in the Golder house) who is a mechanical draftsman with PasteTec who I have worked closely with since then was up from Mississauga staying in the Golder house again, also here is Santie, who is from Golder’s Madrid office, is also staying in the Golder house. So on Wednesday night we all went out for dinner to Pat & Mario’s, then after the meal since Hannah and I drove us all, we dropped them back to 92 Hyland Drive, where Neven invited us in for a slice of the cake that his wife had made, it was really good, however when I asked Neven what it was, he had no idea!! Anyways, Neven is also a bit of a computer person, he has installed Fedora on his laptop, which I had previously downloaded, so I again formatted the hard drive and installed it, but I did it wrong, so I am doing it again as I write this.

It was -4 last night, but it is going warm up to a high of 9 on Sunday. We are just looking forward to the big freeze!! All the best, Us.



Comments are closed