Hose pipe bracket

Mounted it on the wall. Also removed the old rawl plugs from the taps as they were pulling out and replaced them with new ones and new screws such that the tag is no longer floating against the wall.

Tiny wire rope

I was going to lose the hitch pin and the retaining pin through the hitch pin, so I have used what I hope is stainless steel picture hanging wire rope stuff to retain those two components.

I don’t own any crimping tools, or wire rope crimps, so I cut some aluminium and just folded it over and crushed it flat. Seemed to do the trick.

Hose bracket

I was getting fed up with the garden hose hanging on the tap, so I’ve made what would have been a very expensive bracket, had I paid for the solid copper bar.

Oil changed in front axle

Having tried to bleed the brakes and at least make them a little better, I thought I’d change the oil in the font axle. This was what came out:

Water is getting into the axle somewhere. Oh well.

House history

I knew already that our house was built on a builders yard, but I didn’t know that during the Great War the site “was used for Germans & people who needed shelter, the Hospital also housed the Army Dentist. The yard leading to the Hospital later became a builder’s yard” and it’s the builders yard link that gives the house it’s name.

I didn’t quite get the images exactly right..

Published
Categorised as Dorset

Success

Just been for a trip into Dorch for the breakers. Gearbox was pretty sweet..

Published
Categorised as Dorset

Botanical Gardens

We visited the botanical gardens today in Abbotsbury. Really nice gardens with some nice furns and loads of other cool plants that you don’t often see the UK.

Published
Categorised as Dorset

Gearbox

Those splines that were cut with an angle grinder by the previous owner (awful) are still there and not in bad condition.

Gearbox out

The gearbox should have been simple to get out, and it was. But even with the 11 bolts out and the clutch slave off it was still not budging. I supported the engine on a block of wood from below and strapped it up from above and proceeded to bounce on the output shaft, after stamping on the housing it came free.

Next jobs are to take the bell housing and clutch thrust bits off and strip it down a little to see what’s up on the inside.