Agawa Canyon was our day trip destination on Saturday, we got up at 3.40am for a 4am start. Hannah drove the three and a half hours to Sault Ste. Marie, we arrived at the train station just as the train pulled in at 7.30, though it gives people half an hour to board. The train left as scheduled at 8am. The train runs on an old industrial track built in the 1800’s, it is still used today for both passenger and industrial goods trains. The train reaches eye watering speeds of about 40mph… pretty slow. FYI, all rail services use miles per hour and miles as units, because they were all built back before the km was invented! We had breakfast on the train (Obviously I’d had my Shreddies before we left), it was a very nice, but not as nice as the one we caught out west. The train was fitting out with TV screens which tell you information as the train travels, very interesting. The scenery was lovely, a little more hilly than we’re used to here in Sudbury. We reached Agawa Canyon at about 12.15pm, everybody “detrained” (That’s the term they use, we could only imagine they’d never head of ‘disembarking’) and set about either walking the trails or eating lunch in the park given that we had been told to be back on the train at 1.50pm, if we missed it we would be sleeping in the Canyon for the night, as there are no roads to the canyon. We went straight for the panoramic look out, which is up 321 steps all of which Hannah counted, by step #150 Hannah passed out.. te he, she posed really… Since I took two steps at a time we disagreed on the number of steps when we reached the top. This trail was supposed to take 40mins, but we managed to walk, eat out lunch and finish walking the trail in good enough time that we fitted in a second 40min trail with ease. We walked to the Bridal Veil Falls and reached the train at 1.30pm. We really enjoyed the leisurely day on the train, we stopped in the Sault on the way back for some dinner and I drove us back home for about 10.15pm.

IMG_6064 (1280x960).jpgIMG_6097 (1280x960).jpgIMG_6096 (1280x960).jpgIMG_6103 (1280x960).jpgIMG_6106 (1280x960).jpgIMG_6107 (1280x960).jpgIMG_6108 (960x1280).jpgIMG_6110 (960x1280).jpgIMG_6113 (1280x960).jpgIMG_6117 (1280x960).jpgIMG_6118 (960x1280).jpgIMG_6133 (960x1280).jpgIMG_6134 (960x1280).jpgIMG_6135 (960x1280).jpgIMG_6139 (1280x960).jpgIMG_6140 (1280x960).jpgIMG_6142 (1280x960).jpgIMG_6143 (1280x960).jpgIMG_6144 (960x1280).jpgIMG_6224 (960x1280).jpgIMG_6227 (960x1280).jpgIMG_6231 (960x1280).jpgIMG_6233 (1280x960).jpgIMG_6237 (960x1280).jpgIMG_6240 (960x1280).jpgIMG_6241 (1280x960).jpgIMG_6287 (960x1280).jpgIMG_6288 (1280x960).jpgIMG_6289 (960x1280).jpgIMG_6291 (1280x960).jpgIMG_6294 (1280x960).jpgIMG_6296 (1280x960).jpgIMG_6301 (1280x960).jpgIMG_6303 (1280x960).jpgPanarama Agawa Canyon.jpg

We went to one my work colleagues weddings yesterday. Last night Tigger was on the arm of the sofa with all four legs ganging off the edges, the pictures don’t tell the story as well as they might, but still, here they are:

GEDC6303 (1280x853).jpgGEDC6305 (1280x853).jpgGEDC6301 (1280x853).jpg

And then today, I discovered why my helicopter was not flying well, so I set about fixing it, only to have Tigger come and lie right through the middle of everything..

GEDC6308 (1280x853).jpg



Comments are closed