The Land Rover has been pulling to the left under braking recently, last Thursday it become bad enough that I thought I’d take a look, as it could no longer be written off as being dirt in the drum or something. Sure enough I have leaking wheel cylinder on the right front drum. I also painted some of the more white parts and bare aluminium.
I replaced the bottom ball joint on the Volvo at the weekend, should have bought a ball joint splitter, it was hard getting the taper to come apart. I wound up beating a could of sockets in on top of the nut and then undoing the nut against them and then beating the joint with a hammer. It came apart in the end.
I reckon the aluminium dash is almost done, it’s not perfect, but who cares. Not me. I’ve installed two USB power ports, they’ll put out up to 10 amps from the PSU, so that’s future proofed for a few years yet. Still need to install a few more switches to do other stuff and make the bit for the right of the dash similar to the bit on the left of the dash. Next is to fit better LED illumination for the dash. Shouldn’t be too hard.
We went to the Isle of Wight last weekend. Went up in my uncles micro light for a very short trip, some minor engine trouble brought us back more rapidly than we had planned. I’m looking forward to going up again. We had stunning weather considering the forecast, it was a lovely trip.