I blew a fuse in the Land Rover, entirely my fault. A terminal broke off the back of the voltage regulator, so I replaced the feed to the instrument cluster by running a cable from my 12V stabilised power supply to the instruments instead. Unfortunately, this was all I did. I lift the existing supply cable behind the dash, still with broken terminal protruding from the insulated crimp. I imagine that this had touched something that was grounded/earthed and shorted out, blowing the fuse. At least I hope this is why the fuse blew.
Interesting how the wire has melted back where I guess it arced across the gap as the gap formed. Also interesting how it burned a line into the paper.
I have not yet sorted the air into cabin, and I think I will likely need to get the two printed parts re-printed, I will alter the right hand part to have an angle on the cabin discharge port. The left hand one needs a lot of work..
I purchased some drill bits from Ebay, very cheap ones, but it said that they were cobalt so I thought I’d give them a try for 2 and a bit quid.
In fairness the drills did have HSS stamped on them, but I suspect that stands for “Highly Soft Steel” in this instance, they’re almost certainly made from Chinesium. In future I’ll pay reasonable money to a reputable shop for decent drill bits. Lesson learned.
Today I have Sikaflex’d in the 3D printed “heart valve” component.
There is a bit of a gap at the bottom and given that both the base of the print and the bulk head are a little convex the two don’t fit together very well. Luckily I have plenty of Sikaflex and no fear of using it!