I stripped down the hand brake assembly and just made everything run again. Took the prop spins apart and greased it all, put it all back together. refitted it all. Great. Then while I had the help of a friend, I did the valve clearances.
While all of that was going on I had to remove the cover over the fuel tank, and found this growing:
I scrapped all of the mud and plant off. Wax-oiled the chassis in that area and generally made it inhospitable to plant life.
We took the land rover for a quick spin and noticed a vibration, couldn’t think what we might have done to cause this. Tonight it came to me that I had not paid any attention to what orientation I put the uj’s on the prop back together.. So that’s tomorrow’s job.