This morning on the way into work it started to snow, I think it’s going to stop again soon through, not that it would be too much as fun as we’re in the Renault today. Dave sent me a great picture of Alan’s place yesterday;
Today my new skids for the helicopter turned up. I crashed while flying at Alan’s a few weeks ago and broke one ski of. It took just a few minutes to replace the skids. But after my crash last weekend I am now awaiting the arrival of a new servo.
I bought some disc brakes for my disc conversion project.
And then this afternoon I finally built a little stand, so that Tigger’s litter tray stay in the bath room, but we could also have a drawer unit there too.
Today we went to Waddesdon Manor, which is a National Trust property. The house wasn’t open, but we walked all around the grounds.
So, in a surprising turn of events (to me), I was informed that in Land Rover did not in fact fail it’s MoT, I was just being wound up. In fairness too, I never did ask in so many words if it passed or not, I just made assumed, there by making an ass of me in this instance. (To assume is to make an ass of ‘u’ and me).
So I now have a split pin, for which I could not a place to fit it, and I did look, but like Alan said, he doesn’t think there is a hole in the rod end for the split pin, I suggested just bending it around the threaded part. But I suspect I’ll just keep the pin in the dash for old time sake.
Insurance is next along with the road tax, I love taxing my Land Rover. “Why?” Because it’s free!
Below is a nice picture of Andrew driving a tractor:
Alan is putting the Land Rover in for MoT on Thursday at 4pm. I am pretty excited! This past two years and a bit is the second period of time that it has been off the road since I have owned it. So to have it back on the road will be great.
Apparently it needs a new fuel sender unit, so that’s been done today by Alan.
Fingers crossed everyone!
This weekend was spent in Cornwall working on getting the Land Rover closer to being road worthy and in MoT worthy condition. Great progress was made, thanks go to Alan and Dave!
The red axle is a Land Rover light weight axle which I purchased from another friend. we swapped out the various parts that were better and re-build it on to mine.
Joel visited the Sudbury office last week and the week before I was in Mississauga with Drew staying at the Golder apartment. So we’ve not been up to a great deal out of the ordinary.
I am still trying to fly helicopters as much as I can, I am learning about the programmable remote and settings etc, so I crashed the 120 heli yesterday, breaking a gear wheel that drives the tail rotor.
This took a while to fix as I had to take apart much of the tail rotor assembly, having done this I found it hard to push the new gear onto the shaft, and in pushing, pushed the shaft through the gear which is mounted on the far end of the shaft, in the body of the helicopter. With no way to hold the shaft while pushing the new gear on I was forced to disassemble the bottom end of the main drive gear to reach the other end of the shaft. All in all it must have taken me three hours to replace this one part, most because of a lack of knowledge. Having replaced the part I was doing a routine check and discovered that I have stripped a servo gear, the servo works to a point then goes lose, no drive nothing. So I shall have to get another one, might get some more gears while I am at it!
Yesterday Hannah and had a relaxing day indoors, mainly anyways, I spent a couple of hours building a model Landrover given to me at Christmas, by Hannah’s Auntie Ann and Uncle Paul. I already have a similar one in the UK, so this time I thought I would get creative:
Went flying the Genius today, it was a little windy, but still it was fun, crashed a number of times, no major damage, just broke the skis, where they normally break, where I have glued them before.. so am going to do that now.