Land Rover on Towan Sands

Dave and I managed to locate the series 2 Land Rover that was lost to the beach in January of 1990. Dave saw it in the news and we went and found it.

IMG_20170709_123213-PANO.jpg IMG_20170709_121934-EFFECTS.jpg IMG_20170709_121336.jpg IMG_20170709_121248.jpg IMG_20170709_115425.jpg

Weekend in Cornwall

We spent a weekend in Cornwall. No working on the land rover, just a social weekend of relaxing. We had a blowy walk on Godrevy with dad and visited my land rover, but only to look at it.

IMG_20170501_105307.jpg IMG_20170501_091434.jpg IMG_20170430_115120-PANO.jpg IMG_20170429_140621.jpg IMG_20170429_140600.jpg IMG_20170429_135706-PANO.jpg

Sunk Boat

In the Truro estuary there has been a large boat, which I think was lived on, as i had a gang plank. It is here:

The boat has toppled over now and I would imagine is not faring so well at high water.

20161218_103654.jpg 20161218_103626.jpg

Land Rover bulkhead project

I have finally gotten the bulk head done. At least there is nothing more that I want to do before galvanising. I have collected and prepared all of the parts that can be shot blasted and some of those will go for galvanising. I have now stripped the wings off the grill, as the front panel will go for galvanising. The wings will get a tidy up and some new aluminium inner wings and parts. I saw snow at my Auntie Jean’s in South Petherton when I visited.

20161120_100653.jpg 20161119_184459.jpg 20161118_111725.jpg

Long time no post

I’ve not posted for a while, guess that not being able to access this blog editor at work is having an affect on my productivity both here and at work.

A couple or more week ends ago I spent the week at Al’s, with Dave working on the bulkhead, Dave and I got the remaining footwell welded in and also got a bunch of patches done.

20160904_160952.jpg 20160904_160943.jpg 20160904_112904.jpg 20160904_112858.jpg 20160904_112854.jpg 20160904_112749.jpg 20160904_112738.jpg

Land Rover again

I’ve been rebuilding my door bottoms. I’d planned on putting the old aluminum skins on, but when I got the old ones off it turned out that they’re badly corroded. So I’m going to have to live with all new ones. Then last weekend I started pulling apart the bulkhead, drilling spot welds and grinding the bad bits. Also Alan and Dave spotted that my exhaust manifold was creaked, see the Youtube video. On the way home I had a blow out on the Volvo. Guess I’ll need a new tyre.

20160613_065750.jpg 20160612_130908.jpg 20160612_130846.jpg 20160612_130843.jpg 20160612_130832.jpg 20160612_130823.jpg 20160612_122448.jpg 20160612_101717.jpg 20160612_101710.jpg 20160612_101701.jpg 20160612_100509.jpg 20160611_105915.jpg 20160609_200424.jpg 20160609_200410.jpg 20160607_195818.jpg 20160607_195243.jpg 20160606_192936.jpg 20160606_192926.jpg 20160606_192921.jpg