Driving home from the event last weekend I had water running down the inside of the windscreen. I deduced that it was coming in around the glass, and from this deduction I realised that the Dumdum sealer that I had used to fit the glass some ten years ago was starting to fail. Not wanting to remove the whole windscreen I dug out the crusty sealer from the outside edge of the windscreen. I found that I still had a tin of ten year old Dumdum in the shed that was in perfect condition inside the tin, so I now have (hopefully) a leak free windscreen.
I went to a Thames Valley 4×4 event on Sunday last, I had great fun, totally failed to get any photos there. I did reverse into a tree which smashed the plastic light lens on the drivers side tail light and bent the metal cage over it.
So now it has a new Riv-nut fixing at the bottom of the cage, but it still has the old rusty steel screws holding the body of the light into the land rover, these were very hard to remove even with copious amounts of WD40. I need to find some stainless self tappers of that size. I did happen to have another light lens in the store.
I think two thousand words would be overkill in this instance.
‘Realtree’ (Chieseium knock off) camo effect vinyl wrap.
Got some chemical metal stuff to fill the badly made corners of the bends on this part:
I wanted to do something fun with the dash which was just bare aluminium colour as I had not coated it anything. So I purchased a sheet of ‘Realtree’ (Cheap knock off there of) type vinyl wrap stuff.
I had snapped this padlock onto the rear loop for no reason. I do not have a key for it, so it was a pointless item. Today was the end of it. No good reason, just a little wanton destruction.
I have done the front axle also, but didn’t get any pictures of that.
I have been suspecting that my alternator was on it’s way out for some time now. I’ve been seeing the charge light coming on a lot, my lovely wife got me a new alternator for Christmas. I also changed the oil while I was there.