Various, including more digging

We walked through an underpass in Bracknell at the weekend. It was quite surreal with the reflection on the other side. I would have liked to have seen it when it was more flooded.

The swans were in seen in Windsor.

I had a 6 cubic yard skip delivered Monday¬†morning. I had a hand from our neighbour to load the skip using a wheel barrow. Now soil has an approximate bulk density of 1.6 tonnes per cubic meter. Let’s assume 5 cubic yards went in the skip, as it is not entirely full. That is about 3.82 cubic meters, thus we moved 6.1 tonnes of soil in two hours. Not bad going eh?

20160627_191722.jpg 20160627_191710.jpg 20160625_192321.jpg 20160625_192018.jpg 20160625_113916.jpg

Volvo repairs

This weekend I noticed that my indicator stalk was not as stiff as it should have been, this is the second time it’s broken away. I made up another 3mm thick aluminium bracket to support it. It’s now very¬†well supported.

20160618_191636.jpg 20160618_190051.jpg 20160618_190026.jpg 20160618_175005.jpg 20160618_174949.jpg 20160618_174939.jpg

Land Rover again

I’ve been rebuilding my door bottoms. I’d planned on putting the old aluminum skins on, but when I got the old ones off it turned out that they’re badly corroded. So I’m going to have to live with all new ones. Then last weekend I started pulling apart the bulkhead, drilling spot welds and grinding the bad bits. Also Alan and Dave spotted that my exhaust manifold was creaked, see the Youtube video. On the way home I had a blow out on the Volvo. Guess I’ll need a new tyre.

20160613_065750.jpg 20160612_130908.jpg 20160612_130846.jpg 20160612_130843.jpg 20160612_130832.jpg 20160612_130823.jpg 20160612_122448.jpg 20160612_101717.jpg 20160612_101710.jpg 20160612_101701.jpg 20160612_100509.jpg 20160611_105915.jpg 20160609_200424.jpg 20160609_200410.jpg 20160607_195818.jpg 20160607_195243.jpg 20160606_192936.jpg 20160606_192926.jpg 20160606_192921.jpg

Bulkhead off

That’s not an insult unless you’re a Land Rover. Alan and Dave helped me strip it off the truck. Now I just need to fix up the bulkhead and galvanise it then refit. It’s going to take ages.

20160605_161602.jpg 20160605_161553.jpg 20160605_154840.jpg 20160605_154835.jpg 20160605_154822.jpg 20160605_154819.jpg 20160605_154809.jpg 20160605_121804.jpg 20160605_121756.jpg 20160605_113619.jpg 20160604_174611.jpg 20160604_174104.jpg 20160604_160805.jpg 20160604_160412.jpg 20160604_151004.jpg 20160604_150455.jpg