Today Hannah and I saw a van with a pretty neat sticker on the back door, just simple text and it read:
Then I assessed the amount of oil, the rate at which it drips, I did not even see half a drip form in an hour, so that’s fine. It’s just the Land Rover marking it’s parking space.
I was finished up having tinkered a little, so I went to put the Land Rover back against the door, I normally roll it out, then have to drive it back up the slope. I thought I’d check that the isolator was working, so I started it without the isolator engaged, it started perfectly. I decided that the isolator must be at fault, so I fiddled with it trying to get it to disengage, nothing would work. I moved the Land Rover forward and got my tools out again, I removed the isolator and checked both wires were not touching and tried the keys again, sure enough the dash lights all come on! Now I was confused, surely with no negative cable connection there can be no power in the land rover? Well, that’s true. So there must be another path for the electricity to take. Then I remembered that the seat box cover sometimes touched the negative terminal on the batter. I have now insulated the terminal and the battery box cover, now the isolator works as I expect it to!
So Google assistant made this for me out of all the videos and pictures I took today.
The land rover now has 4 white wheels, one is remaining to be painted, that is the spare. I continued to waxoil the chassis. I glued the dual power outlets to the underside of the dash using two pack epoxy glue. Sorry about the blury image, it was the only picture I took and now it’s raining.
Tonight I fitted the new battery isolator.
Last weekend Hannah was at Hampton Court Flower show where I took this picture.
During the week I went to Lyon in France to check out an item of plant that a client at work has purchased. It was 39degC, luckly we were only there for 24 hours or so.
I purchased a new battery isolator from good ol’ ebay, it turned up, I have yet to fit it.
The plants are growing fast. Having talked with dad I think I will dig up the potatoes in late August.
This evening I cleaned and checked over the old school rotary dial phone. We plugged it in, it works to receive calls, but because it probably uses loop disconnect dialing to send the signal to the exchange, it no longer works to dial out.
This video was produced at Google’s assistant thingy;
And some other videos;