I was told that I must take a weeks leave from work, so I thought I’d MoT my Land Rover. I also visited friends and family.
I also went out walking with dad and family.
Today I etched the PCB board using ferric Chloride. It worked a treat, but probably showed that I should have cleaned up the board better and taken more time and had more patients when doing the ironing of the print. Either way it has worked and I now have some tinning solution in the post so that I can coat the bear copper with something to making soldering to the board easier and also to protect the copper from corrosion.
I printed the circuit onto photo paper and cleaned the PCB board using a kitchen scrubber thingy, brand new. I then ironed the print onto the PCB board, I don’t think I ironed it for long enough or hard enough, so I wound up spending my evening colouring in the blackness using a Staedtler Permanent marker pen as supplied by the etching solution people from Ebay.
We didn’t get up to a great deal over the long weekend, we did have Lynn and Gerry to visit on Friday and on Sunday visited Portsmouth where Hannah cooked a great roast! We visited Basildon Park (NT) on Saturday, which was pleasant but busy. Mowed the grass and kept busy around the house the rest of the time.
I started to design a printed circuit board for the shift registers to expand my Arduino board on Monday.